Compositional Design Brief:
Your composition can be created using your choice of digital tools/sound manipulation. A few possibilities: Audacity, Loopy, ChucK (music coding), Ear Stretch (music coding), Garage Band. Your composition must:
1. Contain sounds from nature or white noise (musique concrete)
2. Must be a derivitave of 6 and 6, i.e. 36 seconds, 3 minutes 60 seconds, etc.
3. Can include video or visual manipulation in conjunction with the sound you create
4. Must be uploaded to sound cloud and/or Youtube and
5. Must have a qr code generated to take the listener to your work when connected with your 6×6 tile.
6. Must have a description of how the tile and composition are related to the environment.
Artistic Design Brief:
Your 6×6 tile(s) must reflect a theme or concept related to the environmental landscape. These tiles will be installed at a community location and will include your composition as part of the final artistic product. Your tile(s) must:
1. Be 6×6
2. Document the process of developing ideas from early stages to fully elaborated ideas
3. Be accompanied by an artist narrative for the tile, i.e. this piece was created to show, or I created this piece to bring attention to, etc.